Opening a world of positive choices and relationships for Chicago’s children and youth.
Since 1849, Chicago Child Care Society (CCCS) has served children and families. Located in Chicago’s Hyde Park neighborhood, CCCS is the oldest continually operating child welfare agency in the state of Illinois.
To provide innovative, community-based education and social service programs that address the current and emerging needs of vulnerable children and their families.
In 2011, CCCS helped transform the lives of more than 2,100 children and their families.
Early Childhood Development
- Early Head Start – helping teen moms better care for themselves and their babies.
- The Preschool Center -providing 2-5 year olds with an enriched early childhood education.
Family Support Services
- Supporting families caring for relative children.
- Mentoring and tutoring students who are failing.
- Preparing adolescent girls in foster care for independence.
- Helping parenting teens graduate from high school and improve their parenting skills.
- Helping teen parents become college bound.