Early Head Start
Life as a new parent is overwhelming at any age, that’s why CCCS provides Early Head Start (EHS) services to promote healthy prenatal and post natal care, enhance child development and encourage healthy family functioning. The program supports more than 45 children and their families.
The EHS Home Base Program provides weekly in-home visits to pregnant moms and moms and dads who have children between the ages of 0 to 3. CCCS staff with backgrounds in early childhood education work with the teens to strengthen their knowledge of child development and encourage self-sufficiency in parenting and education.
- 90-minute weekly home visits
- Nurse home visits
- Child development education for children with/without a disability
- Developmental screenings
- Prenatal and postnatal education
- Parent-child activities
- Bi-monthly parent/child socialization groups
- Educational field trips
- Mental health and nutritional consultations
Read about Chandra’s Early Head Start success story here.