POSTING DATE: 08/03/2018 CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The Billing Coordinator ensures efficient and accurate daily operations in billing and reconciliation of revenue for the agency and performs other fiscal duties.
- Process billing for the following programs: Early Head Start, Head Start, Prevention Initiative, Pre-School for All, City of Chicago Youth programming, and Illinois State Board of Education
- Reconcile program receivables, bank reconciliations and other general ledger accounts monthly
- Work with the development department to ensure that all contributions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner
- Audit eligibility for various programs
- Audit petty cash
- Assist Chief Finance and Operations Officer with annual budget, budget revisions and the fiscal year end audit
- Provide support services to other departments, helping to achieve their goals and objectives
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent knowledge to create with accuracy Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience with working in various databases
- Experience with complex billings
- Strong organizational skills; sustained concentration with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations
- Ability to prioritize and manage work load and deadlines
- Must have excellent computer skills
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills, particularly mathematical, bookkeeping and regulatory requirements
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Regular sitting, working at computer keyboard and desk
- Regular standing to file misc. into filing cabinets
- Occasional bending, stooping and lifting to 25 lbs
- Minimum of three years’ experience in government and or not for profit billings, or a related field
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field preferably
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an updated resume and cover letter to Toya Griffin-Aaron via email at TGriffin@CCCsociety.org. NO phone calls, please.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER