Substitute Teacher – Hyde Park
POSTING DATE: 08/03/2018 CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Department: The Preschool Center at Hyde Park
The Substitute Teacher provides classroom coverage and support to the classroom as needed. The substitute reports to the teacher in the classroom for daily assignments and take all direction in the classroom from the regular classroom staff (Teacher, Teacher Assistant). The substitute is to work cooperatively with the regular classroom staff and follow all daily classroom activities. The substitute must be available for various shifts from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm depending on the needs of the program.
- Provide classroom coverage in the absence of a regular classroom staff member or to supply extra coverage to work with specific children in a classroom.
- Assists the classroom staff to maintain a classroom environment which includes positive guidance techniques that meets state and local licensing regulations, Head Start Program Performance Standards and Chicago Child Care Society philosophy and curriculum.
- Assists in all classroom activities including but not limited to:
Take direction from regular classroom staff as to any specific child development activities.
Provides supervision to children, read stories, supervises outdoor activities and assists in the transition of activities.
Completes reports and documents as directed by the regular classroom staff.
Supports children’s play.
- Assists in the setup, supervising the children and clean-up of activities and meals with classroom staff.
- Assists with field trips as required.
- Ensures all children are under appropriate supervision at all times.
- Maintains positive, ongoing communications with the classroom-teaching teams.
- A minimum of six months experience in an early childhood program
- Minimum of 18 semester hours of credits in ECE or CD
- Must be able to physically interact with children, including talk, hear, sit, stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and lift and or move items of up to 40 pounds.
- Specific, vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must have a good command of the English language and grammar, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to remain abreast of developments in the child care field to enhance professional growth and development.
- Follow all mandates of federal regulations, state and local licensing and the philosophy and curriculum of Chicago Child Care Society
- Participate in recruitment efforts to help maintain full program enrollment
- Attend all required meetings and trainings
- Participate in home visits and parent staff conferences
- Help promote parent participation in the program
- Attend individual reflective supervision meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of the job description
This is a full-time exempt position.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER